Women’s Health and Wellness
Premenstrual syndrome, or PMS, is a group of symptoms that can occur in women before their period. Symptoms can include mood swings, fatigue, bloating, and cramps. While there is no one cure for PMS, there are ways that women can cope with it.
One approach is to keep a journal to track your symptoms. This can help you identify any patterns and find methods that work best for you. You may also want to try over-the-counter medications or supplements, such as ibuprofen or ginger root.
Another option is to see a doctor about prescription medications. Hormone therapy and antidepressants are two common treatments for PMS. In addition, some women find relief from using hemp extract supplements.
However, some women are choosing to use hemp extract to help relieve their symptoms. Hemp extract contains CBD and other cannabinoids that have been shown to help relieve pain and reduce inflammation.
What Is Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)?
Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) is a group of physical and emotional symptoms that frequently develop after ovulation and before the start of a woman’s menstrual cycle. If you are not pregnant, estrogen and progesterone levels start falling drastically in the days following ovulation, leading to PMS. The symptoms go away within a few days after a woman’s period starts as hormone levels rise again.
Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) is a combination of symptoms that many women get about a week or two before their period. Most women, over 90%, say they get some premenstrual symptoms, such as bloating, headaches, and moodiness.
Common physical symptoms of PMS
- Swollen or tender breasts
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Bloating or a gassy feeling
- Headache or backache
- Lower tolerance for noise or light
How Does CBD Relieve Menstrual Cramps?
As CBD could help reduce inflammation and chronic pain, it might also ease menstrual cramps and other period-related symptoms like headaches, lower back pain, and sore breasts.
Women are turning to CBD oil for menstrual cramps because of its efficacy in reducing inflammation and suppressing pain signals. It can reduce inflammation without causing stomach irritation and other side effects linked to typical over-the-counter pain relievers.
CBD oil and CBD-infused products, such as topical, edibles, and suppositories, have recently sparked the attention of medical researchers as a safe, natural therapy for menstrual cramps. CBD oil impacts the body’s glycine receptors, which play a large role in pain perception.
What Are The Benefits Of CBD Oil Over Traditional Pharmaceuticals?
Uses of CBD for menstrual cramps
- CBD Oil – CBD oils and tinctures can be taken sublingually or mixed with drinks such as coffee or tea, or they can be added to foods.
- By placing the desired dose under the tongue and holding it there for up to 60 seconds, the oil can absorb into the mouth through the tiny blood vessels. Rapid onset of effects is assured; mostly noted within 15–30 minutes after administration.CBD oil is more palatable when added to foods and beverages, but it sacrifices effectiveness since the digestive system absorbs the oil. Results usually appear after 40-90 minutes.
- CBD capsules and gummies follow the same pattern. In most cases, oral products are less bioavailable because of a reduction in potency in the liver, but on the bright side, they last much longer than traditional oil—for up to 8-10 hours.
- CBD Topicals – Topical products, such as creams or gels, are formulated to help with localized discomfort. Muscle cramps can be relieved by rubbing a topical into the affected area. The endocannabinoid system in the skin will interact with CBD to produce anti-inflammatory and relaxing effects.
Get Relief From Cramps Naturally
Traditionally, women have been the ones to look after their homes and families, but they often end up in a position where their pain is more unbearable than what would be expected.
Women face many challenges as forerunners in society. Relief from painful cramps can have a significant impact on your everyday routines. One of the brands we offer both in-store and online is Holief™, a women’s wellness collection, developed by women for women.
This line of products relieves the symptoms of PMS and menstrual cramping. 80% of women experience painful periods and it’s time to put an end to that discomfort.
CBD has been an effective treatment for menstrual cramps. It is a natural and safe alternative to prescription medication, and it does not have the side effects that often come with other treatments. If you are seeking relief from menstrual cramps, CBD may be the answer for you.